Inauguration of new LTC and its sub committees
The National Laboratory Technical Advisory committee (LTC) was formed in 2004. Its a committe that advises on key issues regarding laboratories and functions for 3years after which membership is reviewed. This committe is chaired by a member of top management of the Ministry of Health who is currently Dr. Charles Olaro the Director Clinical Services.
The committe is multi disciplinary and multi sectoral and the members must be experts in particular areas of lab services. This committee functions through sub committees and currently, there are eight sub committees which include
- Policy Standards and regulatory framework
- Quality Assurance certification and Accreditation
- Training and Human resource development
- Equipment, supplies and Point of Care testing
- Laboratory services, disease surveillance and epidemic response
- Health laboratory Information Management system, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Bio-safety/Bio-security and Infrastructure
- Research and Development
These eight sub-committees shall be advisory to LTC. They shall monitor implementation of the National Health Laboratory Services policy in their relevant thematic areas as well as identifying areas for adjustment, making appropriate recommendations to the committee.
The committee meets quaterly while each sub-committee is expected to meet regularly.
Yesterday was the inaugaration of the new LTC and its sub committees to serve from 5th July 2018 till 5th July 2021